Here is a little Monday morning perspective as people are already talking about “Trayvon fatigue” less than 45 days since he was killed and no arrests have been made in the case.
This guy: OJ Simpson…
1. Was arrested in 1994 and charged with murdering his wife and her friend.
2. Was given a jury trial.
3. Although acquitted, was sued in civil court for wrongful death in 1997 and lost.
4. In 2008, he was convicted of a completely separate crime of essentially stealing back his own memorabilia at gunpoint. Although this case had nothing to do with the 1994 case (well, almost nothing), he was sentenced to 33 years in prison. He is in prison as we speak.
5. AND SOME PEOPLE STILL TALK ABOUT HIS CASE ALMOST 18 YEARS LATER!
This boy: Trayvon Martin…
1. Was shot on February 26, 2012 (not even a month and a half ago)
2. George Zimmerman admitted to shooting him.
3. The police investigating the case categorized it as “homicide/negligent manslaughter” and requested an arrest warrant for the man that admitted to shooting this boy.
4. No arrest has ever been made in this case.
5. AND SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS CASE TOO MUCH AFTER 44 DAYS.
Perspective can be a…but people, I expect better from you. At least some folks aren’t fatigued, even after a 40 mile march to Sanford. Since it was Easter yesterday and although not all of you are Christian, some of you are, I will leave you with a verse from the Gospel.
Don’t forget to tune into our show, every Wednesday at 7pm, right here.